“Elizabeth is compassionate and wise and has an impressive way of understanding what makes people tick. She shows real empathy and as a result forges great relationships all around her, helped by her great energy and endless positivity.” ~ SB
I undertook 4 years of Post Graduate level training with the Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute (SPTI), which was both a clinical and academic qualification validated by Staffordshire University and accredited by the UKCP. This involved having a high level of clinical supervision and mandatory personal therapy to ensure I was equipped to deal with a wide range of presenting issues.
- Masters of Science Degree (MSc) in Person-Centred & Experiential Psychotherapy (Merit) (SPTI)
- ABC Level 2 Award in Counselling Concepts (SPTI)
I provide all my clients with a high level of professional competency and undertake regular supervision with a highly qualified supervisor, and am committed to Continuing Professional Development. I keep abreast of the latest trends as I recognise that areas such as media, social media and technology can have an impact on a person's relationships and sense of self.
I currently work in my own private practice as a counsellor, I’m a Director of Counselling Works Ltd, I'm a member of the MindTalk group in Market Harborough, and I work as a volunteer supervisor for The Bower House. I'm also currently carrying out short-term work for Employee Assistance Programmes and in the past I've worked for the NHS in schools with bereaved adolescents.
I have experience of working with clients across a number of presenting issues for example: Abuse (physical, sexual, verbal), Addiction, Anger, Anxiety (General & Social), Aspergers/Autism, Behavioural Issues, Bereavement, Depression, Eating Problems, Low Self-Esteem, Relationship issues, Sexuality, Work issues, Self Harm, Stress to name but a few. I’ve also worked with clients who feel they need to change their circumstances, but don’t know where to start. I have provided counselling over different time periods ranging from 5-8 weeks to 3 years depending on the personal change the client wants to affect. I'm also comfortable working with different belief systems such as Atheism, Christianity, Judaism, Spiritualism and with clients from different cultures.
- Registered Member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Full Clinical Member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Graduate Member of the Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute
- Individual Member of the British Association for the Person-Centred Approach (BAPCA).
- Member of the Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN)
- Insurance for professional and public liability.
- Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
- Advanced Certificate - Chartered Institute of Marketing (Level 7)
- BA (Hons) European Business (Level 6)
- DipHE in Dance & Arts Management (Level 5)
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (Level 3)
Outside of counselling I have held managerial positions in large blue-chip organisations, as well as being self employed for a number of years. I therefore understand the pressures caused by the dynamics in corporate environments, and from managing one's own business. I’m also equally comfortable working with clients who are more cognitive/thinking in their processing of experience as well as those who make decisions based on feelings/gut instinct.